All events taking place at Appalachian State must be approved by University Events prior to reserving space or requesting catering.
Due to supply chain issues, certain menu items may not be accessible at any given time, and last-minute changes may need to be made to some menus. Specific menu items may warrant a temporary increase in pricing.
We offer handcrafted dishes inspired by the latest trends and classic comforts brought to life by trained culinary professionals. We work with local partners to source local ingredients whenever possible. Our flexible services are customized for various events and budgets across the Appalachian community. Our services are often employed for executive leadership, university administration, academic departments, athletics, alumni and student groups.
Order Request Process
- Schedule the date and time of your event. Book your event space through the specific venue to ensure that the space has been reserved properly.
- Once you have your event details contact App Catering by completing the request a quote form (no later than 7 business days before the event). An email response will be sent requesting more information about your event and/or a completed proposal.
- Review the proposal and replay to the email message with a budget code to confirm the details, or send the proposal back with edits. *
- If alcohol is to be served, read and follow the university's alcohol regulation.
- App Catering will contact you at least 10 days before the event to confirm the details. Any changes will need to be communicated with the catering coordinator 7 days prior to the event.
- Once the event has passed for internal events, your account will be billed to the budget code provided. For external events you will be billed based upon your contract. **
*App Catering is the exclusive caterer for campus events. To request an outside caterer, please complete the first right of refusal form. An email response will be sent requesting more information about your event and/or a completed proposal.
**If part or all of the event is being billed to an external person, organization or entity, the catering team needs their information from the beginning of the planning process.
All catering orders must be placed at least one week in advance. For events exceeding 300 guests or events with menus designed by the chef, and not selected from our online catalogue, the order must be placed at least two weeks in advance.
A completed order will include menu choices and an estimated number of guests.